The chance of rain could not stop what would become a record-breaking event in The PEER Center’s history. Moreover, it did not stop the celebration of recovery. Our community responded overwhelmingly as the 5th Annual PEERdance & Walk fundraiser topped out at $20,403, coming within $100 of doubling last years’ efforts!
Fundraising wasn’t the only record we set in 2018. This year we had:
- The most sponsors ever, at 18
- The most staff participating in the “Wellness Wobble” – also 18
- The first Premier Level sponsor – Columbus Springs – Dublin
- The first dance studio to be a part of PD&W –The Fred Astaire Dance Studio – Columbus Northwest
- The most donors during the PD&W season (well over 200 with official numbers being tallied)
If you run into any of our award winners for 2018, please thank them for their service to the community.
PEER Power – Tony Coder
VolunPEER of the Year – Steven Fletcher
PEER of the Year – Jackie Doodley, RCP, OCPS
We’d also like to thank: DJ – Michael Porter, Vocalist – Tiffany Mason-Williams, acoustic performers – The WellJam Experience, and finally White Castle — for providing the food.
A huge barrel of gratitude goes to all of the sponsors, exhibitors, team captains, donors, and attendees of PEERdance & Walk 2018.
Finally, it takes an entire community to put together PEERdance & Walk and this year the community spoke loud and clear. Thank you all for allowing The PEER Center to celebrate recovery with all of you.
See you next year!